Incense Pure is a resinous woodsy incense scent composed with indulgent amounts of natural oils. A lovely frankincense CO2 extract makes this a soothing and meditative choice for frankincense lovers. A dusky labdanum absolute and an incensy cistus fraction combine to form a delicious resinous ambery note, while a beautiful sandalwood helps ground the scent. Myrrh, patchouli, natural oakmoss, angelica root, orris, vanilla absolute, and elemi complement the natural incense theme. One of our three best-selling scents.
Photo shows the 34 ml bottle. To purchase, please visit the Mixed Media Collection page.
Fragrance Notes: Frankincense CO2 and myrrh EO, labdanum absolute and cistus oil, natural oakmoss absolute, aged Indian patchouli heartnote fraction, sandalwood, cedar, amber, orris, angelica root absolute, elemi EO, vanilla absolute.
Release Notes: Encens Tranquille was released August 2007 and was discontinued when it no longer met IFRA regulations. Incense Pure was developed to replace ET and was released March 2010.
Perfumer's Comments: I didn't experience incense in church while growing up, so I didn't discover my love for incense notes until I began to sample essential oils. I loved frankincense (olibanum) from the first sniff, which was interesting since I had no prior association with it as so many people do. I wanted Incense Pure to be a very natural-smelling scent that highlighted olibanum, enhanced by resinous notes, sandalwood, and labdanum/cistus. Many people find it to be a dry and outdoorsy type of incense but with some fresh and airy aspects as well (see blog reviews for these comments).
Vintage Asian Temple Incense Burner pictured.
Explore our Naturals Collection
- Robin's Fall 2104 Incense List on Now Smell This
- Mark's Top 5 Incense List on Colognoisseur
- Kelly's review on The Blackthorn Orphans
- Robin's list of 25 more scents perfumistas should try
- Portia's review on Perfume Posse
- Ayala's Best of 2011 on SmellyBlog
- JoanElaine's review on Redolent of Spices
- Birgit's review on Olfactoria's Travels
- Katie's Top 2011 Holiday Picks on Katie Puckrik Smells
- Victoria's fall 2011 favorite incense scents on Bois de Jasmin
- Marla's discussion on Perfume Smellin' Things
- Victoria's review on Bois de Jasmin
- Robin's Best of 2010 list on Now Smell This
- Dave's review on Il Mondo di Odore
- Katie's review on the Katie Puckrik Smells blog
- Robin's review on Now Smell This
- Abigail's review on I Smell Therefore I Am
- Suzanne's review on Perfume Journal, Eiderdown Press
- March's review on Perfume Posse
- Nathan's review on Nathan Branch blog
- Mark's review on Cafleurebon
- Victoria's review on EauMG
- Italo's review on Fashion ModiFicaTion
- Nick's May 2016 Favorites on ConsumerThis
- WiL's review on The WiL Report