This fragrance, inspired by the classic scents of the past, features aldehydic topnotes, a heart of precious jasmine, rose, and mimosa absolutes, and a base of Mysore sandalwood, natural oakmoss, violet leaf absolute, tonka, amber, vanilla, orris, and musk. Nostalgie dries down to a warm, lightly spiced amber and sandalwood base with soft floral accents. Fragrances today are rarely composed with so many fine naturals; the ingredients and the style rekindle memories of vintage perfumes.
Photo shows the 34 ml bottle. To purchase, please visit the Mixed Media Collection page.
Fragrance Notes: Aldehydes, Indian jasmine sambac absolute, Bulgarian rose absolute, peach, violet flower, violet leaf absolute, tonka, French beeswax absolute, natural oakmoss absolute, aged Indian patchouli, East Indian Mysore sandalwood, leather, vanilla, orris, myrrh, vetiver and musk.
Release Notes: Released January 2012. Made slight change to formula January 2016 to enhance floral notes.
Perfumer's Comments: I wanted to create a perfume based on notes from the classic scents I love, but updated with lighter animalic notes and softer aldehydes. The formula is very high in naturals, with the synthetic aldehydes, lactones, and musks acting as supporting players to the beautiful floral absolutes. The mimosa and violet leaf absolutes both have interesting natural leather nuances, and the Mysore sandalwood provides a lovely soft base for the floral notes without overpowering them.
Explore our Naturals Collection
- Dee's review on BoTO
- Elena's review on PerfumeShrine
- Mals' review on The Muse In Wooden Shoes
- Birgit's review on Olfactoria's Travels
- Mark's review on Cafleurebon
- Gaia's review on The Non-Blonde
- Anne-Marie's review on BoTO
- Angela's review on Now Smell This
- Angela's Best of 2012 on Now Smell This
- Carol's Best of 2012 on Muse In Wooden Shoes
- Elisa's Review on The French Exit
- Natalie's Review on Another Perfume Blog
- Sarah's Review on Australian Perfume Junkies