Lieu de Rêves, or place of dreams, is a pillowy feminine scent that combines soft floral notes of violet, rose, muguet, and jasmine with a base of heliotrope, tonka, amber, vanilla, cedar, and musk. Gentle aldehydes add elegance to this modern take on the classic powdery floral theme.
Photo shows the 34 ml bottle. To purchase, please visit the Mixed Media page.
Release Notes: Released Feb 2009.
Perfumer's Comments: I wanted to use violet, rose, and heliotrope in a powdery scent with a gourmand touch but with some soft woodsy notes and less vanilla than most scents of this genre. The heliotrope, rose, violet, and cedar make nice companions. Like most rose and violet combinations, this scent feels a bit romantic to me, but the drydown is quiet and reflective rather than being a full-blown floral.
Monet's garden at Giverny is pictured.
Explore our Naturals Collection
- Naomi's review on Sweet Violet Bride
- Lucy's review on Indieperfumes
- Birgit's review on Olfactoria's Travels
- Jessica's review on the Fall 2010 Top Ten List on Now Smell This
- Shelley's review on Notes From The Ledge
- Elena's review on PerfumeShrine
- reviews on MUA