Forest Walk was inspired by the scents of summer walks in the woods. It incorporates the earthy, mossy smells of the forest floor with tree bark, tree needles, and soft floral highlights. The ingredients include multiple natural woods -- black hemlock, oak, western red cedar, New Caledonia sandalwood, fir balsam, and oakmoss -- with notes of earth, roots, and hints of jasmine sambac and violet. Resinous benzoin, amber, and labdanum soften the woods and provide lasting power in the base. Forest Walk is high in natural ingredients and can be enjoyed in any season. For men and women.
Photo shows the 34 ml bottle. To purchase, please visit the Mixed Media Collection page.
Fragrance Notes: Black hemlock absolute, fir absolute, Western red cedar, oakwood absolute, galbanum resin, jasmine sambac absolute, violet, olibanum, labdanum absolute, natural oakmoss absolute, aged Indian patchouli, New Caledonia sandalwood, orris, benzoin, earthy notes.
Release Notes: Forest Walk was released in June 2012.
Perfumer's Comments: I gladly accepted when Mandy Aftel of Aftelier Perfume and Nathan Branch of the Nathan Branch blog asked me to participate in one of their Letters To A Fellow Perfumer series. The project gave me the opportunity to work with black hemlock absolute in a forest scent, something that I had wanted to do for a long time. I love the smells of the forest and have fond memories of hiking and riding through the redwood groves in local parks.
Armstrong Redwood State Preserve shown.
Explore our Naturals Collection
- Mark's Review on Cafleurebon
- Ida's Review on Fragrantica
- Gaia's Review on The Non-Blonde
- Ayala's Review on Smellyblog
- Carol's Review on The Muse In Wooden Shoes
- Felicia's Review on Fragrance Belles-Lettres
- Robin's Review on Now Smell This
- Gaia's Best of 2012 on The Non-Blonde
- Victoria's Review on EauMG
- Sheila's Review on The Alembicated Genie
- NST Fall 2014 Top 10 List
- NST Spring 2015 Top 10 List
- Review on Maximilian Must Know