Dusky labdanum is at the heart of this rich and sultry scent, with cedar and sandalwood in the base and subtle deep rose weaving between the woods. Accents of smoky agarwood, light incense, dry vetiver, and soft leather complete the composition. For those who enjoy the dark side of amber.
Photo shows the 34 ml bottle. To purchase, please visit the Mixed Media Collection page.
Fragrance Notes: Labdanum absolute, amber, rose, olibanum (frankincense), myrrh, vetiver codistilled with mitti, oakmoss absolute, aged Indian patchouli, Texas cedarwood, sandalwood, clove, castoreum.
Release Notes: Released August 2008. Reformulated in May 2009 with low atranol natural oakmoss in place of the original oakmoss.
Perfumer's Comments: I love labdanum and wanted Ambre Noir to highlight labdanum in the context of a dark, rich, woodsy, and smooth amber perfume. Working with labdanum absolute is a delight to the senses; it's a thick golden substance with a wonderful musky, woodsy, amber aroma. I held the vanilla in Ambre Noir to a minimum and added interest and complexity to the labdanum with woods, incense, moss, and subtle leather.
Explore our Naturals Collection
- Dave's review on il Modo di Odore
- Sarah's review on hortus conclusus
- Italo's review on Perfume da Rosa Negra
- Abby’s review on I Smell Therefore I Am
- Nathan's review on Nathan Branch blog
- Kelly's review on Blackthorn Orphans
- FeralJasmine's review on Australian Perfume Junkies
- Ida's review on Fragrantica
- S. Elizabeth's review on Haute Macabre